TUESDAY, 6 JUNE 2017
5:00 PM - 6:30 PM
CONFERENCE ROOM 12, UNHQ
SIDE EVENT TO THE OCEAN CONFERENCE
Hosted by: Pacific Islands Development Forum, UNDP GEF SGP, PRECOVERY Labs and Global Island Partnership, Seychelles, Republic of the Marshall Islands, Grenada, British Virgin Islands, Palau, Hawai’i Green Growth, IUCN, Italy, Rare, SCBD, The Nature Conservancy, Association for Overseas Countries and Territories.
This side event will demonstrate how the ocean unites us on a common sail plan to achieve implementation of the Sustainable Development Goal 14, and the Sustainable Development Goals to eectively build island resilience. The event will tie together the island journey from the SAMOA Pathway, the Sustainable Development Goals, Paris Agreement and present a new Island Resilience Initiative model centered on strong multisectoral partnerships for islands to both survive and thrive. This Island Resilience Initiative model was rst launched by the President of Palau at the Pacic Island Conference of Leaders in Hawaii in August 2016.
Kate Brown, Executive Director, Global Island Partnership.
- H.E. Thomas Remengesau Jr., President of Palau, as Leader of the Global Island Partnership.
- High level representative, Republic of the Marshall Islands.
- High level representative, Republic of the Fijian Islands.
- Yoko Watanabe, Global Manager, GEF Small Grants Programme, UNDP.
- Francois Martel, Secretary General, Pacic Island Development Forum Secretariat.
- Stewart Sarkozy-Banoczy, Global Island Partnership.