1:15 PM - 2:45 PM
Location: Permanent Mission of Sweden to the United Nations, 885 Second Avenue, 46th floor, New York, NY, USA
HLPF 2018 Side Event
Organized by SIWI / Action Platform for Source-to-Sea Management
Co-hosted by Sweden, Ministry of Environment and Energy / UNDP / FAO / Delta Alliance
Marine and coastal resources represent enormous assets and opportunities for local and global economies, but they may be jeopardized by upstream activities on land and along rivers. This event will explore what is necessary to ensure that future implementation of SDG 6 “Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all” also contributes to achieving SDG 14 “Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development”.
Keynote: H.E. Ms. Karolina Skog, Minister, Ministry of the Environment and Energy, Sweden
Technical Keynote: Mr. Andrew Hudson, Head, Water and Oceans Governance Programme, UNDP
Moderator: Ms. Birgitta Liss Lymer, Director Water Governance, SIWI
- H.E Mr. Muhammad Nazrul Islam Bir-Protik, State Minister, Ministry of Water Resources, Bangladesh
- Mr. René Castro, Assistant Director-General, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- Ms. Gabriele Goettsche-Wanli, Director, Division for Ocean Affairs and Law of the Sea, United Nations
- H.E. Mr. Dian Triansyah Djani, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary Permanent Representative, Permanent Mission of the Republic of Indonesia to the United Nations (tbc)
- Mr. Niels Vlaanderen, Ministry of Infrastructure and Water Management, Netherlands (tbc)
For more information and to register, see https://www.eventbrite.com/e/making-the-most-of-sdg-6-implementation-for-benefits-from-source-to-sea-tickets-47809671013
A photo ID will be needed to enter the premises.