21 Apr 2017 - The Ocean Conference Co-Presidents, Fiji and Sweden have announced the Co-Chairs for the Seven Partnership Dialogues for the Conference.
21 Apr 2017 - The Co-Chairs for the Seven Partnership Dialogues for The Ocean Conference have been announced by the Co-Presidents of the Conference, Fiji and Sweden. The selection includes one co-chair from a developing country and one from a developed country and takes into consideration elements including balanced regional distribution, gender representation and the capacity to participate at ministerial level.
The 14 co-chairs for the partnership dialogues:
- Addressing marine pollution - Co-Chairs: Norway and Indonesia
- Managing, protecting, conserving and restoring marine and coastal ecosystems - Co-Chairs: Italy and Palau
- Minimizing and addressing ocean acidification - Co-Chairs: Monaco and Mozambique
- Making fisheries sustainable - Co-Chairs: Canada and Senegal
- Increasing economic benefits to SIDS and lDCs and providing access for small-scale artisanal fishers to marine resources and markets - Co-Chairs: Estonia and Grenada
- Increasing scientific knowledge, and developing research capacity and transfer of marine technology - Co-Chairs: Iceland and Peru
- Enhancing the conservation and sustainable use of oceans and their resources by implementing international law as reflected in the United Nations Convention on the law of the Sea - Co-Chairs: Australia and Kenya
The full letter from the President of the General Assembley on the 7 Parnership Dialogues themes is available online here: Download Appointment of Co-Chairs - Letter 20 April 2017.pdf