On the sidelines of the UN Ocean Conference from 27 June through 1 July in Lisbon, the Global Fund for Coral Reefs (GFCR), the Mirpuri Foundation, and the International Coral Reef Initiative (ICRI)
will host the 'Reef Action Hub'. The Hub will feature coral-focused side events, including workshops and roundtable meetings, aiming to accelerate action for coral reefs and showcase solutions. Organisations are welcome to submit short concept notes for their proposed events, including:
- The theme of the side event should relate to at least one of the following:
- Protect: Heightened protection of functioning, resilient coral reefs.
- Transform: Coastal societies transition away from activities that degrade reefs to sustainable activities that reduce local threats.
- Restore: Regeneration and restoration of coral reefs through new technologies and adaptive approaches based on the best available science.
- Recover: Coral reef-dependent communities are supported to recover from major shocks to avoid further degradation.
- The submitted concept note should include event title, hosts), short description, objectives, agenda, speakers, target audiences), and event length (90 min max)
- Given the inclusive nature of the Sustainable Development Goal 14, priority will be given to side events organised by two or more entities.
- Organisers of the side events will be responsible for relevant planning and execution tasks including issuing invitations, confirming participants and speakers, visibility, catering services, interpretation services, online and printed creative assets/materials.
- Organisers are asked to submit no more than one concept, unless second proposed event is co-hosted by three or more organisations/entities.
- Selected event organisers will agree to provide written feedback (up to two pages) on the outcome of the side event to GFCR and ICRI for public dissemination.
The Reef Action Hub is walking distance from the UN Ocean Conference location in the PT Meeting Ceter. The room includes live-streaming and presentation capabilities. The room is 84m2 and air conditioned. For reference, catering services are only available via the facility vendor and at the expense of individual event organisers. The Reef Action Hub is being held on the side-lines of the UN Ocean conference. The Hub is not an official UN Ocean Conference venue and does not enable access to the UN Ocean Conference. All travel and other logistical expenses are not covered by the Reef Action Hub organisers and are the responsibility of the presenting organisation.
Concept notes and inquiries should be submitted to the Reef Action Hub hosts by 28 April 2022 via the link below. Responses to submissions will be relayed by 15 May 2022.
Event concept submission link: https://forms.gle/upJtGMDmJ3iTGJto9
Information written and originally published by the GFCR Secretariat.