6 Nov 2020 - Island Innovation seeks people passionate about island issues, innovation and sustainable development, of any age, who reside or have resided on an island, with a commitment t
6 Nov 2020 - Island Innovation seeks people passionate about island issues, innovation and sustainable development, of any age, who reside or have resided on an island, with a commitment to represent their island/country, who are able to participate in our activities and meetings, and who are strongly committed to building more sustainable islands.
Island Innovation works with diverse rural and island communities around the world to develop solutions for sustainable development. We use its global network to find innovative solutions through modern technology and sharing good practices. Every year our company organizes an event called Virtual Island Summit, a free and entirely online event, designed to connect global islands to share their common experiences through a digital platform. Islanders from around the world have the possibility to share ideas, good practices and solutions.
The year 2021 will be the third year with the Island Innovation Ambassador programme where islanders and ex-islanders from even the most remote islands participate with the mission to represent their islands/countries in our network and also promote Island Innovation in their communities. They will represent their country and network with policy-makers, entrepreneurs and NGO leaders while gaining industry experience, exposure and recognition.
Deadline: 5 December 2020
Benefits of becoming Virtual Island Summit 2021 Ambassador:
- Network with people who have common interests.
- Access to training sessions with experts on sustainable development issues on islands.
- Gain recognition in your island/country as a benchmark in island issues.
- Access to free tickets to participate in virtual events and programs.
- Possibility of participating in campaigns on climate change.
- Features of ambassadors on Island Innovation blog.
- Paid commission for any sponsors signed up by the ambassador.
- Featured photo and bio on the summit website.
- Recommendation letter and certificate received at the end of the period.
Duration: The programme lasts for 1 year, starting in January 2021 to December 2021