The Blue Economy is inclusive and improves the lives of all; creates jobs, reduces poverty and ends hunger; harnesses renewable energy; is based on sustainable fisheries ...
The Blue Economy:
- Is inclusive and improves the lives of all
- Harnesses renewable energy
- Uses smart shipping to lessen the impacts on the environment
- Is based on sustainable fisheries
- Creates jobs, reduces poverty and ends hunger
- Takes action against illegal fishing
- Conserves marine life and oceans
- Protects coastal communities from the impacts of climate change
- Tackles marine litter and ocean pollution
More about the Blue Economy and sustainable economic development:
Andrew Hudson Head of Water and Ocean Governance Programme, UNDP
From November 26-28, Kenya will host the Sustainable Blue Economy Conference in Nairobi. This conference represents an important opportunity to take stock of both the opportunities – and the challenges – which the Blue Economy concept presents, in the context of SDG14 - Life Below Water... Read...