6 June 2017, 7:30 - 9:30 PM
South Dining Room, UN Headquarters, New York
At The Ocean Conference (5-9 June, New York)
This special high-level reception is being convened by the Executive Secretary of the Convention on Biological Diversity, together with the Government of the Republic of Korea (Ministry of Oceans and Fisheries) and the Government of Costa Rica (Ministry of Environment and Energy). It will gather high-level policy makers from States and UN/international organizations and provide them with opportunities to share their insights on how marine and coastal biodiversity can provide solutions for addressing critical challenges on our pathway to the future we want: sustainable oceans.
Below is the draft programme, pending final confirmation:
Masters of Ceremony: Secretariat of the Convention on Biological Diversity
Short film viewing: “Biodiversity for the future we want”
- Executive Secretary of the Convention on Biological Diversity •Minister of Ocean and Fisheries of RO Korea
Special message for the 2017 World Ocean Day
- Ambassador of Costa Rica (Host of 2017 World Ocean Day)
“Cancun Declaration” at work
- Minister of Environment and Natural Resources of Mexico (COP 13 President)
- Minister of State for Environmental Affairs, Nature Conservation of Egypt (COP 14 President)
Call for Action to achieve the Sustainable Development Goal 14
- Minister for International Development Cooperation and Climate, and Deputy Prime Minister, Sweden •Ambassador of Fiji
Note: Each message shall be given within 2 min. The list of speakers is subject to change.
Note: Participation in this event is by invitation only. Dinner and drinks will be provided.
Please contact email@example.com for any inquiries.